Monday, November 17, 2008

One of my favorite gifts!


Happy Monday! Thanks to all of you who met me on Facebook, and to those who left comments about your weekends! I love hearing about what others do in their "off" time. I thought I'd start off the week on a positive note since this is the beginning of the holiday season and talk about gifts! I wanted to share with you one of my favorite gifts given to me by my husband. No, it's not diamonds or a car or a new dress. It's a pirate statue! This picture doesn't really do it justice. My husband gave this to me about 3 years ago on my birthday just when my pirate books were being released. The really cool thing about the statute is that the pirate has a cross around his neck. My husband didn't notice it when he bought it, but it was one of the first things that struck me after I opened the package. This was just another one of God's marvelous ways to tell me I was on the right track by writing about Christian pirates!

To me, it's not the expensive gifts that matter. It's those gifts that are from the heart. The ones that tell me that the person stopped to think about me and what I would like personally. My husband is very good at that. (I think I'll keep him) Anyway, my pirate friend now sits by my computer and helps me write!

I love this time of year. Not just for the gifts I receive, or the gifts I love to give, but because this is the time of year that we celebrate God's ultimate gift to us of his Son, Jesus. Without Him, there would be no occasion for joy or celebration at all.

What have been some of the favorite gifts you've received over the years?

3 comments:

  1. It's a fleece blanket with Tweety Bird on it. I love it to pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was 7 my Grandma gave me a small snow globe. I really loved it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. a pair of christmas socks my cousin gave me years ago, a hawaiian lei a friend gave me, a model airplane from my mom ..

    these are a few of my most treasured gifts : )

    ReplyDelete