Monday, November 10, 2008

Writing news

I sent out my Fall newsletter today. (Albeit a wee bit late) If you're not on my list and would like to receive it, scroll down and there is a place to sign up on your right. Basically, I just give my latest book news, some brief reviews of books I've read that I enjoyed, usually a yummy recipe, and a small devotional, and upcoming booksignings and appearances.


I'm working on the final edits on The Blue Enchantress, book 2 of the Charles Towne Belles series. It is due in December and I'm one of these writers that has to have it as perfect as I can get it before I turn it in. This book won't be out until next August. I know it seems like a long time but it takes that long to have it edited and the cover made, publicity announcements created and distributed, catalogues updated, and the actual copies printed...etc..etc... I'm sure I have no idea everything that happens after I turn it in. But until I see the requested editorial changes (sometime in Feb, I expect) I'm done with this book.



And onto the next one, The Raven Saint, which I expect to begin writing sometime in January.


But I'm really excited about the first book in the series, The Red Siren, to be released in January. Next month I plan to start blogging little teasers about the book, pictures of characters, in-depth looks at the characters, a cool trailer I'm having made, an insider look at the plot...etc.. Plus I'll be hosting several giveaways of free copies before the book's release. I hope you'll stay tuned for all the fun.

And please don't be shy about leaving comments here on my blog or emailing me. I love hearing from my readers and personally read and respond to each email. You may even send me your prayer requests if you feel comfortable doing so and I promise to lift each one up before God's throne.

Have a great week, and God Bless!

2 comments:

  1. An author’s road to writing, the anticipation with which they wait for it to get successful reviews, all the soggy napkins ending up in the wastebasket; just what they have to endure dashed my dreams of ever reading for publication! I think I’ll stick to blogging…brings me enough fulfillment!!

    I love your blog. I check it most ever day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Hurray! I will be looking forward to the upcoming books for next year!
    Thanks for sharing!

    I have started a MaryLu Tyndall fan club on facebook. :o) I love your books so much and I'm sure there are more of us big fans out there! :o)

    ReplyDelete