Friday, March 18, 2011

The winner of Love Finds you in Tombstone, Arizona is....

Sarah!!   (Who didn't leave her last name or her email!)  So, Sarah, if you read this, please send me a note with your address so I can pass that info onto Miralee.
And a huge thanks to Miralee Ferrel for being on my blog and for answering all your questions!  And for donating a book to the winner. Thanks, Miralee!!

Writing news

I have finished the first draft of Beauty for Ashes. This is a short story that will be part of a novella entitled Rendezvous at Central Park with fellow authors Dineen Miller, Kim Vogel Sawyer, and Ronnie Kendig. I believe I've mentioned the storyline before so I won't repeat it here. Anyway, next week, I hope to dive right into my next novel, Veil of Pearls.

Here's a brief summary of the story

It is 1811, and the prosperous port city of Charleston is bustling with plantation owners, slaves, and immigrants. Immigrants such as the raven-haired Adalia Winston. But Adalia has a secret: her light skin belies that she is part black and a runaway slave from Barbados. Skilled in herbal remedies, Adalia soon finds employment with a local doctor, and settles into a quiet life, thanking God every day for her freedom. Still, she lives in terror that her owner will come looking for her.
           
 Born into one of Charleston’s prominent plantation families, Morgan Rutledge is handsome, charming, bored—and enamored of the beautiful Adalia, who spurns his advances. His persistence, however, finally wins, and soon Adalia is swept into the glamorous world of Charleston high society, a world of luxury and opulence she never knew existed.  

But her new life comes at a high price—that of denying her heritage and her zeal for God. How far is Adalia willing to go to win the approval of society and the heart of the man she loves?   And when her secret is discovered, will that love be enough or will the truth ruin Morgan and send Adalia back into slavery?



Have a great weekend, everyone! And please remember to pray for Japan.

8 comments:

  1. Great story idea! THanks for sharing. :) And yes, we are praying for those hurt right now in Japan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Japan is always on my mind.
    *****
    This new novel sounds great, MaryLu! I love the storyline. Can you show me how to pronounce 'Adalia'? When I read the novel, it would help knowing how to pronounce it. I think I can handle pronouncing 'Morgan'. LOL
    *****
    Have a great weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats to Sarah on winning the book :) :)

    Oh, the new storyline with Adalia sounds really, really good. I can't wait to read it ;) :)

    Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! Adalia's name is pronounced as 'a' as in Ah 'day' as in daytime. 'lia' as in leah-ah
    Does that help? It's such a pretty name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds fantastic! Can't wait! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, very different and pretty. I will copy it down, so that I don't forget later.
    ****
    And I forgot to congratulate Sarah on winning. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooh! That is a must read for me!

    Congrats to Sarah on the book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The book sounds great!
    Have and will be praying for Japan. Those poor people...

    ReplyDelete